Thursday, August 20, 2009

Florida Day 1

Yesterday, I began my journey to the Sunshine State. Destination: Tampa/Sarasota, FL. 6 Days of R&R and basically doing the same shit I always do @ home, just in another location with different people in places.


Yesterday was also a re-introduction of travelling via airplane...this time in a post 9/11 America. So, I had to do the old bullshit procedures of taking my shoes off and placing my hair grease in a plastic bag(I didn't even bother packing any toiletries as I can purchase them when I arrived). Once I go through the rigmaro(sp?hahaha), I copped some tacos and boarded my flight. First leg: Charlotte, N.C. There, I met a woman from Stephenville(originally from the Toronto area) who was heading back to Canada to attend a funeral. She was a nice lady to share a beer and snacks with as we chatted in between me watching The Boondocks and her reading Twilight. After we landed, we parted ways(after said beer) and I went for a Gelatto and re-boarded my plane to Tampa.


The 2nd leg of my journey wasn't as pleasant as the first. In fact, it kind of sucked. My new neighbors were bitching and crying about Airlines, which ones were safe, etc. At this point, I couldn't wait to take the metallic bird 36,000 ft so I can put on my iPod and tune those fools the fuck out! And to make matters worse, the woman in front of me decided to recline back and relax, this making my trip EXTRA uncomfortable. Fortunately for me, the journey lasted about an hour. I'm seriously considering changing my seat for my Argentina trip from window to aisle.

Once I arrived in Tampa, I was greeted by a nice little thunderstorm en route to Sarasota. Fortunately for me, it didn't follow me to my final destination. Once I arrived, I immediately hit up the local wal mart to buy my toiletries and settle in and sleep off my jet lag...or so I thought.
Once I dropped my bag off, I hit up some spot that kind of reminds me of Boomer Jack's & Duke's back home: The Ale House. We stopped there for a bite to eat, MLS Soccer(Chicago lost to the Beckhamless LA Galaxy 2-0), and drinks(it was Ladies Night, so the homegirl wanted to go there and meet up with a couple friends).

So, after hitting up some of Sarasota's watering holes(and after getting into a near scuffle after being in the state of Florida for nearly 5 hours), I hit the sack after coming to the disappointing realization that there are NO Jack-N-The Box locations nor 24 hour Wal Mart SuperCenters around town.

Anyways, here's to a dope trip.